Evolution Water Services Limited (“we”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data that we collect from you, or you provide to us, will be processed. We encourage all interested parties to read the following carefully, to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The rules on the processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Personal Data We May Collect About You
We may obtain personally identifiable information about you (such as your name, company, job title, email address and telephone number) whenever you complete a contact form, or contact us in any other way, by which you consent to us holding that personal data for the purpose specified.
How We May Use Your Personal Data
We will use your personal data for the reasons stated when the information was collected. These reasons may include, but are not limited to;
- Accessing ongoing enquiries from you
- Identifying any accounts you hold with us
- Service provision
- Marketing, including advising you of any new services available
- Credit checking
- Improving our services
- Advising you of legislative changes which may affect you
- Security vetting
Our Legal Bases for Processing Your Personal Data
Our legal bases for processing your personal data are
- Consent: to respond to your enquiries
- Contractual necessity: to fulfil the requirements of your employment or service provider contract
- Legitimate interest: to ensure you are fully aware of all services we provide, and current industry specific legislation
Sharing Your Personal Data
Your personal data will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold or passed on to any third party.
Keeping Your Personal Data
We will keep your personal data for as long as required, to enable the provision of service. All personal data is retained as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Where it is determined that you do not or will not have a genuine need for our services, your data will be deleted or anonymised, to prevent further marketing contact with you.
Your Rights and Your Personal Data
Unless subject to an exemption under GDPR, you have the following rights with regards to your personal data:
- The right to request access to the personal data which we hold about you
- The right to amend your personal data, in the event of inaccuracy, incomplete information or out of date information
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted
- The right to request a restriction on the way we use your personal data, in the event of a dispute regarding the accuracy or processing of said data
- The right to object to the use of your personal data
- The right to request a copy of your data in a “machine readable” format (e.g.: a .csv file) or to request that your data is transferred to another organisation
To enable us to make a credit decision about you, we may search the files of credit reference agencies, who may record the search.
In the event that we wish to use your personal data for a different purpose to why we collected it initially, we will provide you with a new privacy notice, explaining this use prior to the commencement of processing.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
You should check this privacy notice periodically, to ensure that you are aware of any changes or updates we may have make to the policy. Where appropriate, we may notify you of any changes or updates.
How to Make a Complaint
Should you wish to contact us, with regards to your relevant rights, a query or a complaint, please contact our Operations Director; Colin Reid on 0118 934 4400 or email: [email protected]
If you do not feel that your complaint has been adequately resolved, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, on 0303 123 1113 or via email through the website https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/.
Alternatively, you can write to them at The Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF